Hope you are doing well. We have an urgent position for Systems Engineer in Sunnyvale CA.
Please share a suitable profile if you’ve. Please send your resume to Varma@hermitageinfotech.com
or call Varma at 732-593-8453 Extension 202 for any questions or call 732-231-6194 directly. Please mention your visa status, current location, minimum expected salary, and availability to start a new project.
- Open Positions: 1
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Work from home not available
- Travel: not required
- Candidate MUST be able to attend an onsite interview
Our client is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer/DevOps Engineer with a strong background writing Ansible Playbooks to help deliver the latest and the greatest technologies in a fast-paced environment in support of critical Marketing projects.
The ideal candidate will be a type of all around engineer who can be deployed to troubleshoot and respond to a variety of problems that might come up in day to day operations. When not responding to issues, the candidate can be proactively implementing deployment automation tasks, designing, and maintaining services for the client.
- Ability to run Linux commands and utilities and prior experience handling Linux (*nix) servers in a production environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of virtualization and containerization as a tools for growing scalability, reliability, and expediency.
- A working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and the ability to run network services in a *nix environment.
- Experience supporting an application development team
- Hands-on production experience in one of the following areas: Centralized configuration management technologies, including Ansible, Puppet, and Chef
- Experience with Network-attached storage, specifically using Isilon
- Experience with task scheduling and resource sharing frameworks such as Aurora and Mesos
- DevOps/release engineering automation (for example, Jenkins, SCM, Ansible)
- Virtualization administration (VMware)
- Application performance tuning and optimization
- Scripting skills, including Bash scripting, Python, SQL, and Ruby, and experience with source control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Participate in architectural planning discussions to ensure a consistent technology roadmap.
- Drive systems engineering projects to completion by working closely with technical and business partners.
- Spearhead the research and implementation of new technologies.
- Provision and manage Linux virtual machines in a VMware environment.
- Provide operational support and maintenance for the Marcom Interactive systems environment.
- Work collaboratively with the Interactive Applications Backend Development team to deploy and run custom applications. date plans and regularly identify and communicate project risks.