Hope you are doing well. We have an urgent position for Opal Administrator, in Cupertino CA.
Please share a suitable profile if you’ve. Please send your resume to Varma@hermitageinfotech.com
or call Varma at 732-593-8453 Extension 202 for any questions or call 732-231-6194 directly. Please mention your visa status, current location, minimum expected salary, and availability to start a new project.
- Open Positions: 1
- Position in Cupertino, CA
- Work from home not available
- Travel not required
This role will be the primary systems and application administrator for the collaboration platforms used by the customer’s Retail Marketing and their partners. Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the system from application, to integration, to support of the iOS, MacOS, and Web clients.
Proactive engagement with the stakeholder is a critical part of your and their success. Candidate will be expected to create positive relationships between the business, the infrastructure team, and vendor engineers and work as a team to resolve issues. Candidate must possess the ability to identify a problem or requirement and focus on solution rather than satisfying just technical requirements.
You are expected to be thirsty to know how technology works within the business. Your success is measured by user experience rather than how each piece of technology is supposed to work. You will be expected to take responsibility for the applications availability and performance as well as the user experience.
- Minimum 4 years Linux administration experience, preferably RHEL based distributions such as CentOS
- BS/MS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of performance tuning, sizing and troubleshooting environments and application to ensure the optimum user experience
- Experience supporting VMware and Docker based environments
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language; Ruby highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform interpretive analysis on variety of feedback systems or dashboards to identify problems and their root causes. Then drive the implementation of a permanent fix of said issues.
- Experience implementing monitoring with tools such as Sensu, CollectD
- Experience with deploying / developing dashboards (Grafana/Kibana/Dashing/Splunk)
- Proficiency with git, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Working knowledge of multi-tier applications and their dependencies including load balancing, TCP/IP networking, web services, LDAP and DNS.
- Experience consuming REST APIs to automate integrations
- Experience supporting services/applications providing REST APIs
- Hands on experience with NGINX and/or Apache web servers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing justifications, training users in complex topics, writing status reports, documenting procedures, and interacting positively with other staff and management.
- Must be capable of independent problem-solving and self-direction.
- Deftness to handle multiple simultaneous competing priorities and deliver solutions in a timely manner.
Capability to easily change priorities as the business dictates.
- Working knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge or experience with backups, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Basic knowledge of dev ops principles and Agile development practices, tools and methodologies.
- Must be able to prioritize between issues and act accordingly based on the urgency of the problem.
- Ability to take part in a 24x7 on call rotation required
- Experience supporting Ruby based applications and services a big plus
- Knowledge of / experience with the process of launching an iOS application via the App Store a big plus
- Working knowledge of the Opal application a big plus