Please see the below req and send me your updated resume in word document. Please confirm your minimum expected salary, visa status, current location, contact details and availability to start a new project. You can please email the resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or call varma at 908-247-0950 for any questions.
Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Piscataway NJ
Duration: long term Contract
Remote until Covid.
No of Positions: 3
- Should have 2-5 years of strong experience in analytics and data science.
- Expert in at least one programming language for data analysis (R required; Python is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to develop R packages.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with reporting and visualization solutions such as R Shiny, Tableau, or D3.
- Familiarity with reproducible research best practices.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and analyses clearly to a wide audience.
- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to translate the needs of the newsroom into reliable, valid models in order to
- Identify moments or subgroups of interest.
- Classify users or content.
- Highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends.
- Support long-term solutions and inform decision making.
- Wrangle constantly changing, large, complex, high volume, high dimensional, sparse data.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure that developed solutions are practical and meet their needs in a timely fashion.
- Be a key resource for other data scientists through providing guidance on statistical methods and research design.
- Clearly communicate technical work to colleagues from across the Los Angeles Times, including non-technical colleagues.
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative or computing focused degree.
Please email the resumes to email@example.com or call Varma at 908-247-0950 for any questions.