Please see the below req and send me your updated resume in word document. Please confirm your minimum expected salary, visa status, current location, contact details and availability to start a new project. You can please email the resumes to email@example.com or call varma at 908-247-0950 for any questions.
Location: Woodlawn MD
Remote: Until Covid restrictions, which may be till this Fall.
Position 6: Lead ETL Developer
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Design and develop Extract, Transform, & Load (ETL) processes to support MI/BI efforts with knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- Perform data mapping/analyses
- Read, debug, modify, and create complex SQL code associated with a data warehouse.
- Expertise in designing and implementing ETL environments using tools like Informatica and Greenplum.
- Experience in loading data from different sources into Greenplum system.
- Designs and develops optimal code to maintain exceptional performance in processing large volumes of data.
- Translates business requirements into technical specification.
- Designs, develops, and tests ETL solutions and automating data loading processes.
- Good understanding of data distribution, table partitioning and compressions in Greenplum.
- Experience in implementing Enterprise Data Warehouse using Greenplum as Target system.
- Develops and implements an efficient migration process to move ETL objects from development to test and production environments.
- Supports the project team throughout the design, development and testing process.
- Participates in all design reviews and requirement sessions, as required.
- Supports project documentation, as required.
- Understands database design, programming concepts, data modeling, and framework management.
- Communicates ideas to both technical and non-technical people in all levels of the organization.
- Develops advanced and complex Informatica ETL processes.
- Works with Business Analysts, Data Architects, Enterprise Architects, and ETL Architects to ensure business requirements are being met with the solution being developed.
- Identify and reuse of ETL components and services to avoid duplicative implementations.
- Mentor other team members in developing, documenting and modifying ETL components.
- Support and administer the Informatica environments.
- Work with Configuration management to maintain version of software using versioning tools such as BitBucket/GitHub, prepare and deploy software packages.
- Understand business and application requirements, develop and maintain software to support those requirements.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Tool/Skill Experience: Linux/Unix Shell scripting (Bash Shell scripting) and Linux O/S.
- ETL Tools - PuTTY, psql, File Transfer Protocols (FTP), Bitbucket, Syncsort/Precisely, Ab Initio, Python.
- Extensive experience with GreenPlum
- Hands-on experience designing and developing ETL solutions involving large volumes of data.
- Experience with large scale, complex data migration efforts.
- Full comprehension of SQL, cardinality, levels of granularity, normalized vs de-normalized, database and Informatica optimization techniques and other such data architecture best practices is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent Analytical skills required.
- Flexibility/Adaptability is required, especially when working in a large team.
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
- Be able to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and coordinate schedules with others.