Please send me your updated resume as per the below req immediately with your minimum expected salary, visa status, current location and availability. Please let us know if you would like to work on our W2 or 1099.. Please email the resumes in word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Software Engineer will work on a broad spectrum of digital supply chain related projects that will span many business and systems areas (e.g., Label Copy, Release Planning, Clearance Management, Digital Order Management, Content Management and Mobile Content Delivery/Management) and will help Sony Music Entertainment further develop its capabilities to manage and digitally distribute music and media assets.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer’s responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Quickly understand the business issues and data challenges of organization and industry
• Design and implement specified functional requirements within two-week development cycles (using Agile Scrum methodologies)
• Compile and deploy code within Cloud service environments
• Build functional tests for all new features
• Create technical documentation as needed (e.g., architectural diagrams, flowcharts, etc.).
• Update development progress continuously using SME’s issue and project tracking tool.
• Serve as second-level support for production issues (e.g., fixing bugs, data cleanup, etc.)
• Attend daily calls (i.e., “daily scrums”) to discuss roadblocks and relevant updates.
III. Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of software development experience in Core Java/JEE
• Experience in music/media industries preferred
• Strong SQL skills (preferably Oracle/Postgres)
• Familiarity and experience with Linux shell essentials
• Atlassian Jira or similar issue/project tracking application experience
• General understanding and familiarity with source control management, versioning, testing methodologies, and software release lifecycles.
• Experience with a version control system (preferably GIT)
• Familiarity with Java build tools like Gradle and/or Maven
• Working knowledge or experience with cloud-based technologies preferred
• Working knowledge of AWS tools and services (e.g. API Gateway, Lambda, S3, Athena, Glue, EC2) preferred
• Familiarity with Container-based technologies (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes) preferred
• Familiarity with Jenkins preferred.
• Familiarity with Spring Framework, Spring Integration and Persistence frameworks (e.g. JPA, Hibernate) preferred.
• Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies preferred.